#1 The Pulpit Ministry:
Paul’s commandment to Pastor Timothy under inspiration of the Holy Ghost is the same command for EVERY Pastor of EVERY local assembly: “Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine” (2 Timothy 4:2). This is the first and foremost ministry of Bible Believers Baptist Church.
The Pulpit Ministry at BBBC includes the following: (These sermons are now video recorded and posted on Pastor Seth’s Youtube page – here.)
1. Wednesday Evening Bible Study (7:00 pm)
2. Adult Sunday Worship Service (10 am)
3. The promotion of the above sermons via the internet at no charge to the hearer.
4. The publication of study guides and commentaries by Pastor Seth. The fruit of this ministry is already beginning to show forth as believers in the Philippines and in Pakistan have begun to use these materials and train future pastors in the work of the ministry.
Click Here to go to Pastor Seth’s Bookstore
#2 The Prayer Ministry:
The Biblical mandate is simple: “Pray without ceasing. In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you” (1 Thessalonians 5:17-18). Though the command is simple, the application is not always as simple.
The Prayer Ministry at BBBC includes the following:
1. Wednesday Evening Prayer (following the Bible Study). Generally speaking, the men break off and pray with the men and the women break off and pray with the women.
2. Prayer of the Pastor for the entire congregation in his private prayer time. “Moreover as for me, God forbid that I should sin against the LORD in ceasing to pray for you…” (1 Samuel 12:23a)
3. Prayer of the saints of God for one another in their private prayer time. “Confess your FAULTS (not sins) one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervant prayer of a righteous man availeth much.” (James 5:16)
4. (Soon to come) Men’s Prayer Breakfast. (Details to follow)
#3 The Evangelism Ministry:
Jesus said, “Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature,” in (Mark 16:15). BBBC believes this ministry to be intended for ALL disciples of the Lord Jesus Christ; not just the pastor or the “gifted” evangelists.
What Evangelism is: The publishing of the name of Jesus Christ as the only means of salvation by the preaching of the gospel: the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ.
What Evangelism is NOT: Calling names. Preaching Standards. Preaching pet sins. Arguing. Debating. Fighting. Cussing. (If these are methods you employ in evangelism – may I kindly suggest that you not quit your day job in favor of full time ministry.)
Evangelism at BBBC:
1. Personal. While BBBC will afford all the opportunity to evangelize in a public way, the first and primary means of evangelism is by the Christian sharing his/her personal testimony with others.
2. Street Ministry. BBBC meets nearly every saturday on the street corner of Walden and Union in the Town of Cheektowaga. There we preach and hold up Scripture signs; as well as pass out tracts and dialogue with people. Along with our spot on Walden & Union, we hit the streets of Downtown Buffalo, parades, special gatherings and the like in order to share the gospel with the lost and dying world.
3. Door to door.
4. Nursing Home visitation.
5. Annual Galleria Mall Christmas Caroling and tract distribution.
The Organizer of this Ministry is Brother Tom Deperno.
#4 The Discipleship Ministry
Consider the following: “One generation shall praise thy works to another, and shall declare thy mighty acts” (Psalm 145:4). “And the things that thou hast heard of me among many witnesses, the same commit thou to faithful men, who shall be able to teach others also” (2 Timothy 2:2).
We at BBBC believe every new Christian needs to be rooted and grounded in the faith.
What Discipleship is: Establishing new believers in the faith in order to teach them to stand firm upon the foundation of the Jesus Christ and His word all the days of their lives. This is done through the building of relationships: The Discipler and the Disciple.
What Discipleship is NOT: A program. A means by which “church membership” is secured. A way to make people feel welcome.
BBBC peforms this in the following ways:
1. Pastoral Discipleship. (First from the pulpit; as well as personal time the Pastor devotes to an individual or a couple in guiding them through the written materials that BBBC has published.) This also includes BIBLICAL counseling if asked for.
2. Brother to Brother.
3. Sister to Sister.
#5 The Outreach Ministry
This is done in two ways currently at BBBC.
1. Visitation. Whether it be the pastor, or anyone else in the church, BBBC will visit those who need or desire fellowship and cannot make it out to visit others themselves. This includes home and hospital visitation.
2. Church Invitation. Let me be clear; this is NOT evangelism. But saved people need a place where they can fellowship with like minded believers. Unsaved people need to know that there are churches that promote a biblical ministry. We send personal invitations out to our neighbors and surrounding community.
Currently, BBBC supports 2 missionaries financially and many more through the ministry of prayer. As this small ministry grows, we will be committed to adding more missionaries to the list of the financially supported.
BBBC Financially Supported Missionaries:
1. Brother Danny Kessler (Bulgaria)
2. Jared Miskovic (Mexico)
3. Jim Valance (Cuba)
4. Pastor Peter Wigdor (Charity Baptist Church of Downtown Buffalo) Visit His Website.
5. Brother Daniel Ling (Myanmar)
6. Brother Carlos Nabata (Philippines)
7. Brother Larry Craft (United States)
8. Leib Family (Sicily, Italy)
9. Sutton Family (Alaska, USA)
10. Marco Perez (Columbia)
11. Robenson Gresseau (Haiti)
12. Ministry India & Beyond (T. Telien of Meghalaya, India)
13. Ken Symes (Jewish Awareness Ministries)
14. Frei Family (Southern Germany)
#7 Bible Believers YouTube Channel
Typically all sermons preached at Bible Believers go up on our YouTube channel to be found here.
#8 Ladies Bible Study
Women teaching women, this Bible study is held every other Friday night at 6:30pm.